It’s often exciting to have guests visit your home, and without doubt you want them to feel welcome
For extended visits it’s especially important to create a space that will make them feel comfortable, and will be a memorable part of their trip. To ensure that happens, here’s a good checklist that will allow you to mix and match nicely.
- Pillow Top A bed needs to be soft and plush
- Percale Sheets They must be crisp and perfect
- A Nice Throw It’s a great addition to create a homey feel; these are made from bamboo and soy fiber-good for the environment-and still as soft and luxurious as cashmere
The Welcome Tray – A gift set of essentials is a perfect way to make a great impression
- The Tray This sugar cane piece is just the right size and has a cool, natural look (and is inexpensive). Freedom or IKEA will have them aplenty.
- Toiletries Leave a travel size kit of essentials – whether your guest forgets to pack them or not, they’re sure to appreciate this touch.
- Reading Material Include local magazines and a guide book to the area to give them a sense of the place, as well as a few seasonal varieties.
- Fresh Flowers That’s a must, and you can go to town in mixing a few trendy vases.
- Towels Don’t forget these; Frette towels are some of my favorites
- Water Carafe Why not? A simple yet thoughtful touch.
- The Start Exceedingly useful and easy to pick up from most furniture stores.
- Swing Arm Lamps These leave the bedside table clear, and makes reading in bed easier
- Bose iPod Dock It’s easy to use and allows your guests to bring along their own soundtrack, or you can welcome them with a “shuffle” of your favorite playlist
- As for a finishing touch, a hand written note welcoming them will get their stay off to a fantastic start.