Ambition, drive, and commonsense will always stand you in good stead, but to really get ahead you must understand yourself. Here are some quick questions that I’ve found to be very useful in getting myself organised so that I can kick bigger goals:
- “What are my strengths?” – there’s nothing like critiquing yourself to better understand your skills, habits and patterns.
- “How do I best operate?” – do you work best by listening, reading, or watching and in what kind of environment are you most suited?
- “What are my values?” – knowing your ethics and morals will help determine the organization and people that are you are best matched with.
- “Where am I most happy?” – we all want to feel a sense of belonging and feel valued.
- “How can I contribute?” –your responses to the above questions will best determine what skills, strengths, values etc you can best contribute.
By answering the five questions above in an honest and pragmatic fashion will help you to better understand yourself. By better understanding yourself, you’ll be in the best position to organize and systemize your life for true greatness.